What do you do when the facts say no but you really want to anyway?
One of the biggest challenges for new businesses and sometimes existing business owners
too is that they lack the attitude to give the business the time and attention to the research of needs and the building of a fan base.
If your business fails to clearly find those needs and build the connections then you really have not developed a platform to build a business on.
In real estate, insurance and many forms of consulting, the key is to build a list before you start of your business. Experience shows that without that list of contacts, you really do need to stop.
Business is about people and meeting the needs of people. Without the people, your business is unable to exist. Even the greatest recluse needs people even if remotely.
So when the facts say no, check out the following;
- What are the facts relating to?
- Do the facts relate to people and their needs?
- Do the facts have anything to do with people?
- Do the facts have anything to do with you?
Rather than the facts, it is what you do with the facts that matter. Facts are open to interpretation and manipulation. Different people see different things when they see certain facts so make sure that what you look at is people related.
Oh and a word of warning – people rarely are fact based. Most are emotional being for which many businesses are truly grateful because at the end of the day, emotionals spark more spending than logical does.
Today, what are the people facts affecting your decisions? In the comments box, share any time in your life when you have ignored the facts to support people.
To your future
FEAR has many ways of being interpreted.
Fear can be an emotion that paralyzes or an emotion that propels you forward.
False Expectations Appearing Real or
Facing Emotions, Acting Regardless
Many people will tell you that the reason why they fail to start a business, leave a job, take a chance is FEAR.
But what are we really afraid of?
We are afraid of other people’s opinions of us if we fail
We are afraid that we will lose what we have but is what we have really what we want?
We are afraid that we will look foolish
We are afraid to commit the time and energy because if what we want fails to work out then we have lost the time.
We are afraid that we will miss out on another opportunity because we are busy working on the current opportunity.
How do you overcome FEAR
Recognize that it is ALL in your head. Today is the only time you have and the only opportunity that exists is this one. And if you put in the effort, you might just gain instead of lose.
Also recognize that what you believe to be true always is true.
If you think or worry that you will look foolish then you will.
If you think you will fail, then you will.
If you think that it will take too much time and you are time poor, then you will always find yourself time poor.
In the comment section tell me what you fear. And if you know how to overcome fear, then share your greatest tip.
To your overcoming fear
In business, in life, in marriage and in relationships the key to success is COMMITMENT!
But what do you commit to when you go into business? And more importantly how do you
commit in a way that moves you forward instead of backwards.
The first commitment is TIME.
- Time to do the research.
- Time to make contacts
- Time to develop product, service and offerings including brochures, web page, social presence, press releases and all the other marketing collateral that potential clients need to think about in using you.
- Time to meet potential clients and build a relationship to convert them into clients
- Time for the market to find you, trust you and buy from you repeatedly or at least refer others to you.
The second is MONEY
- Money to invest in your living expenses until the business earns money
- Money to invest in promotion
- Money for mentors, support people and information
- Money to learn more about what you are doing
- Money to network
- Business is about people and people buy from people and that means relationships
- You need to commit to building relationships with potential clients, suppliers and supporters
- Your family and colleagues want to know that you are committed to them so that they continue to support you and your ideas
Ideas abound but sometimes the challenge is to find the idea that will excite us and give us
what we want in life.
As a baby boomer, we are at a different stage in our life.
- We have the freedom to really follow our passion
- We have the courage to take a stand for a cause
- We have the nerve to stand up against something we believe is wrong
- We have the wisdom to let others believe us
Finding an idea for you business requires three things
- Committed time to be introspective
- Committed time to research
- The support of a mentor and a copy of Eat the Rhino
To Your Future SuccessRead More
Do you remember stories from the Great Depression about those who lost fortunes and others who made fortunes? Those that made fortunes saw an opportunity and asked themselves should I do it NOW?
There is only now. It is incredibly important that you realise that timing depends on your attitude rather than any other major factor.
- You will find the market if you go looking for it.
- You will find the product to meet needs, if you believe you can find it.
- You will succeed if you are passionate and purposeful in your endeavours.
- You will make money, if you have an attitude that says its okay to make money doing this or that.
- You will succeed if you get started – NOW!
Until you start NOTHING changes.
Until you start you will never succeed.
Until you start, everything is still potential but little is possible.
What is stopping you from starting? Have you got your copy of Eat the Rhino, Business Idea to Business Plan in 30 bites.
Step one – is buying it.
Step 2 is reading it.
Step 3 is doing it!
Today is the Day – It is NOW
To your NOWRead More